Saturday, January 14, 2012

Secret Garden 시크릿 가든

[Genre: romance, melodrama, fantasy]
{Korean}

Recently, I have finished watching Secret Garden and loved it. It's definitely a drama I would watch again. I thought that the acting was superb, Hyun Bin (Kim Joo Won) and Ha Ji Won (Gil Ra Im) in particular. They both did a great job as acting as the other during the soul swaps. I really could see Gil Ra Im's personality in Kim Joo Won and vice versa. Even the other actors did a very good job, but I was mostly impressed with the leads.

In addition to the acting, I enjoyed the plot. I don't want to give too much away in case you haven't seen it yet, but one of the things I liked is how Kim Joo Won got to experience his mother looking down upon him when he was in Gil Ra Im's body. I feel like the body switching was necessary, because Kim Joo Won was a jerk in the beginning. How likely would it be that he would change if he didn't experience a bit of what Gil Ra Im does?

As for the Secret Garden OST, I wasn't too crazy about it like some people were, but I did like a few songs. For example, I like the song That Man by Hyun Bin. The Baek Ji Young version is mediocre, in my opinion. Hyun Bin does it so much better.

Spoiler Warning
(highlight the text in the box below to read)

One thing that disappointed me about the drama was that Han Tae Sun and Oska didn't end up together. I was hoping that Oska would turn out bisexual and choose to be with Han Tae Sun. I would really love to see a Korean drama that has a gay couple in it. Even if it was two females, I would like to see it. I have nothing wrong with straight romances, but some gay romance would be a nice change at times. To me love is love, so I don't mind either way.

Note: If you are posting a comment with a spoiler please give a warning beforehand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment